Mergers & acquisitions
Mergers & acquisitions
The challenge of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic alliances is to ensure that the projected value in the deal is realized.
Every corporate transaction demands the right structure, careful risk analysis and forward planning to deliver value and convince the market that the deal makes sense. The antitrust, regulatory and governance issues must be understood. The finance, tax, employment and intellectual property requirements must be aligned with the strategic objectives of the deal.
At Al-Dostour law firm, our Mergers & Acquisitions practice contains the experienced lawyers worldwide, offering unrivaled local expertise on all aspects of public or private corporate transactions wherever they occur. The ability of our lawyers to work together seamlessly, coordinate complex global transactions successfully, address regulatory requirements, prepare local documentation, advise on tax matters, assist in due diligence investigations and deliver the required legal opinions covering multiple jurisdictions is an aspect of our practice that no other law firm can match.
How We Can Help
- Post-transaction support — We support clients in creating value from acquisitions by planning for tax efficient post-acquisition integration or post-divestiture reorganization as part of the deal process, helping realign operations to meet new business needs.
- Integration planning — Our integration planning also seeks to leverage the commercial synergies of the deal by focusing on achieving the most favorable finance, employee benefits and trading structures.
- Mitigation of risks — We protect the value in the deal by using well-established processes to identify, analyze and plan for the mitigation of the risks arising in corporate transactions.
- Efficient and reliable deal execution — We achieve this by project managing our deals and exploiting our long established national and cross-border transaction management procedures.
- Neutralizing cross-border risk — there are no surprises on our cross-border deals. Our lawyers anticipate issues likely to be faced not only in their own country but also in the other countries involved.
- Capturing investment opportunity — We understand the diverse challenges presented by private equity, and have a wealth of experience in structuring and executing institutional and management-led buyouts, public-to-privates, follow-on acquisitions, IPOs and trade sales.