In private equity, there are challenges every step of the way. And in a global economy, private equity means capturing investment opportunities wherever they are located. Whether you are investigating, purchasing, holding or disposing of an asset, you need advisers who are familiar with the dynamics of the different stages of the investment life cycle and who understand the diverse interests and demands of all members of the bidding team.
At Al-Dostour law firm , we understand that success requires not only technical legal skills, but also commercial sophistication, common sense, top-quality project management and the ability to communicate effectively. Our Private Equity team prides itself on having these attributes as well as a wealth of experience in structuring and executing institutional and management-led buyouts, public-to-privates, follow-on acquisitions, IPOs and trade sales. Areas of expertise include traditional private equity, alternative asset funds (e.g., real estate, infrastructure and oil & gas) and hedge funds.
How We Can Help
We provide global advice and representation for private equity firms, fund sponsors and institutional investors on all aspects of private equity transactions – from the establishment and structuring of new funds, to operations, acquisitions and dispositions, to the final exit planning and liquidation.
- Fund Formation – Structuring and organizing new funds, the requirements and securities law and Investment Company Act requirements that impact the jurisdiction, governance and operation of the fund.
- Fund Review – reviewing fund legal documentation on behalf of institutional investors, with a specific focus on assessment of market terms.
- Deal structuring — Planning the acquisition structure to take account of the needs of the financiers, while at the same time ensuring tax-efficient operations and eventual exit.
- Bid planning — Providing tactical advice on the structure and presentation of bids so as to maximize their attractiveness to sellers.
- Risk allocation — Suggesting innovative and commercial approaches to the allocation of risk and the limitation of liabilities such as purchase price adjustments and the ring-fencing of legacy trading risks.
- Management equity participation — Developing plans to enable management teams in different jurisdictions to participate in the equity of buyouts in a tax-efficient manner.
- Industry and regulatory — Calling upon lawyers with relevant industry knowledge to advise on regulatory considerations and to suggest financing and commercial arrangements best suited to the target’s industry sector.
- Restructuring and refinancing — Renegotiating financing packages as the underlying business evolves, including renegotiation related to bolt-on acquisitions and leveraged recapitalizations.
- Exit planning — Assisting in structuring the exit to maximize the upside, using knowledge of the target company built up over the investment life cycle.